Handheld scanner solutions are specifically designed for automatic data capture applications and process automation throughout the customers’ entire value chain in the retail, manufacturing, transportation & logistics and healthcare industries. Handheld scanners offer outstanding performance and reliability through the different scanning options: laser, linear or area-imaging technologies.
The standard, rugged, or antimicrobial enclosure allow their use in any environment, and their ergonomic design make these scanners easy to use also for long period. The wide range of Datalogic general purpose handheld readers offer an assortment of choices for most of data collection activities.
Product sets propose corded and cordless options together with best-in-class reading technologies, ready to solve current and future needs and applications. From digital or printed 1D and 2D barcodes, to Direct Part Marking (DPM) or Digimarc™, Datalogic offers handheld scanning solutions for every barcode reading application. Whether your application requires a quick reading performance, ease of installation and use, accuracy and reliability, Datalogic has you covered.
Handheld Scanners Common Applications
Whether your organization is looking to automate the data collection activity, to properly manage the warehouse inventory, to assure the correct traceability among the entire supply chain, to enhance check-out speed in retail environment as well as improve transaction accuracy and efficiency in the store, handheld scannersgive a solution for a wide range of applications. In the manufacturing market, they are crucial from shipping and receiving to Work In Progress (WIP) traceability, to configure and set up machines for operation. In retail environments, handheld scanners are fundamental to support the different configuration needs at the check-outs or to keep inventory accurate while providing useful business intelligence data for future planning and operations. Healthcare professionals rely on Datalogic barcode scanners during direct care activities, in order to guarantee a correct patient identification, medication verification and a comprehensive Electronic Medical Records (EMR) management. In Transportation & Logistics sector, industrial handheld scanners put automation in the hands of workers as they ship, receive, pick, pack, and palletize.
Common applications for handheld scanners include:
- Retail Check-Out C-Stores, pharmacy, non-grocery, fashion, DIY and many more have specific check-out needs dependent on their product mix and check-out configuration. Datalogic has a complete offering of check-out solutions for countertop and handheld use. These scanners provide fast, accurate, and reliable scanning for check-out at any retail enterprise. Furthermore, a wide range of versions with red illumination optics reads Digital Watermarking.
- Patient Admittance Electronic tracking of patients using barcodes increases the efficiency of treatments and helps to eliminate errors. Barcodes are attached to medical records and patient wristbands are used for identification from the admitting process through discharge. Handheld scanners deliver efficient and secure data by capturing and eliminating errors in data entry with patient file, tracking and follow up. Scanners with Disinfectant Ready and Antimicrobial enclosures are available to offer further protection against spread of germs and bacteria.
- Shipping and Receiving It’s a critical component of every Warehouse Management System (WMS). Handheld barcode technology allows companies to control inventory levels in real-time. These solutions are essential to help maximize the order accuracy loaded in the right truck, and ultimately delivered to the correct destination.
- WIP traceability From raw material to finished good, WIP traceability permits to track each unit throughout the manufacturing process. This means track accuracy, output, and other viable production metrics in real time.
- Inventory Management Handheld scanners keep inventory accurate while providing valuable data for planning purposes. Inventory tasks including receiving, stocking, cycle counting, and replenishing are completed effectively and efficiently using devices that are built to survive warehouse environments without causing worker’s fatigue.
- Put Away and Storage Manual operations use forklifts to store goods on racks using Datalogic VMT, rugged handheld scanners and wireless technology. Automated storage and retrieval systems handle inventory of cases or totes, including refrigerated food items, with fully automated crane and conveyor systems. Manual operations use industrial handheld scanners at storage locations that hold break case inventory.
- Direct Part Marking DPM barcode used to permanently mark parts with product information (including serial numbers, part numbers, date, and codes) to allow the tracking of parts through the full life cycle, can be read exploiting an extensive line of scanners specifically designed to solve these types of applications.
- Order Fulfillment Whether processing single or multiple orders in virtually any packaging material, Datalogic solutions including handheld scanners can help ensure accuracy and timeliness.
Handheld Scanners Common Benefits
Handheld scanners offer several advantages to every company. The benefits span from lower TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) to easy and quick set up. The portfolio completeness allows Datalogic to find the best solution for every customers’ application with the best price/performance ratio on the market.
- Accuracy Eliminate human error and prevent unnecessary waste of resources.
- Effciency Accelerate throughput and maximize productivity
- Quality Increase the quality of product/service using barcode technology to control the manufacturing and distribution processes and inspect to ensure the best possible performance and outcome.
- Timing Deliver on-time, all the time.
- Profitability Allow Datalogic to increase your profitability, reduce overhead, eliminate waste, and see real return on investment.
- Total Cost of Ownership Additional value features as rugged enclosures, wireless battery charging system reduce the TCO and ensure maximum productivity.
- Easy Integration Datalogic provides standard multi-interface connectivity options to let handheld readers to be easily set-up and installed in any kind of environment.